Whether you are organizing an event or campaign, publication or scientific meeting, make sure you submit the details and gain visibility on the World Osteoporosis Day map. Once your information is submitted, it will be reviewed/edited and posted shortly.
This section is for World Osteoporosis Day-related campaigns and events only. Advertisements for products or services are not accepted. Contact email@example.com for questions or concerns.
The 2017 Global WOD Movement
The overarching slogan ‘Love Your Bones: Protect Your Future’ is the general call to action that appeals to all stakeholders, encompassing prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis addressing the following three core messages:
- Global burden of osteoporosis
- The need for people to take preventative action
- Universality of osteoporosis, and its impact on all populations
- Promote worldwide awareness of osteoporosis and the heavy toll the disease can take on an individual’s future if left undiagnosed and untreated.
- Educate the public about the specific risk factors that increase the risk of osteoporosis and fractures.
- Encourage individuals who have risk factors, including first fractures, to seek testing and treatment if required in order to protect their future independence and quality of life.
- Advocate for preventive care worldwide: enable healthcare professionals and health authorities to close the persistent ‘care gap’ by addressing critical issues such as under-diagnosis and under-treatment, lack of Fracture Liaison Services to systematically identify and treat high risk patients, and address poor adherence to treatment.
Get tested and treated if required
World Osteoporosis Day is a key date in the bone field. It’s an occasion when people around the globe unite to put the spotlight on the immense global burden caused by osteoporosis.
And bring these to your doctor's attention, especially if you've had a previous fracture or have specific diseases and medications that affect bone health. A previous fracture.