Whether you are organizing an event or campaign, publication or scientific meeting, make sure you submit the details and gain visibility on the World Osteoporosis Day map. Once your information is submitted, it will be reviewed/edited and posted shortly.
This section is for World Osteoporosis Day-related campaigns and events only. Advertisements for products or services are not accepted. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or concerns.
The 2019 Global WOD Campaign
World Osteoporosis Day (WOD), on October 20 each year, marks a year-long campaign dedicated to raising global awareness of the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis. WOD aims to make osteoporosis and fracture prevention a global health priority by reaching out to health-care professionals, the media, policy makers, patients, and the public at large. In 2019 the campaign will feature “THAT’S OSTEOPOROSIS” as a headline, and, for the first time, will highlight emotionally impactful visuals and stories of real people living with osteoporosis in all regions of the world.
The campaign will emphasize the direct link between osteoporosis (the silent, underlying disease) and broken bones, which have a serious, life-changing impact in terms of pain, disability, lost independence and inability to carry out tasks of everyday life.
Key messages of World Osteoporosis Day 2019
- Osteoporosis is the hidden, underlying cause of painful, debilitating and life-threatening fractures
- Take the new IOF Osteoporosis Risk Check to see whether you could be at risk of osteoporosis
- If you have key risk factors for osteoporosis you should request a bone health assessment – take action for prevention!
- Advocate! Sign the IOF Global Patient Charter and join us in calling on healthcare providers to close the massive ‘care gap’ .
- Osteoporosis is a growing global problem that respects no boundaries: worldwide, fractures affect one in three women and one in five men over the age of 50.
Get tested and treated if required
World Osteoporosis Day is a key date in the bone field. It’s an occasion when people around the globe unite to put the spotlight on the immense global burden caused by osteoporosis.